by S. Ghilzai / Published on July 15, 2015
Updated by Abdullah Qazi (November 18, 2018)
Mohammad Nabi Essa Khel is a well known Afghan cricket player (cricketer). He used to be the captain of the Afghan National Cricket Team. Nabi was born on March 3, 1985 in Logar province. He is a right-handed batsman and an off-break bowler. He has also played for the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), as well as the Sylhet Royals in the Bangladesh Premier League, for which he was reportedly bought for over $30,000.
- Long before Afghanistan played its debut first class match in August 2009, Mohammad Nabi had already made his debut in the format in a match representing MCC against Sri Lanka A in July 2007.
- Nabi holds the record for the fastest 50 by an Afghan cricket player in Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is).
- Nabi is the first bowler for Afghanistan to take 100 wickets in One Day Internationals (ODIs).
- Nabi is the first player for Afghanistan to play in 100 ODI matches.
- Nabi is the first player for Afghanistan to score 2000 runs in ODIs.
- Afghanistan Cricket Board’s Player Of Year (2013).