Afghanistan has a history and culture that goes back over 5000 years. Despite the current conflict, it is still a very beautiful place to visit. The purpose of this page is to provide those interested in going to Afghanistan, the information they will need to have a safe and rewarding visit. If you know of a good link or have some good advice to share, please contact us and let us know.
- Main historical sites and attractions: Band-e Amir and Buddha statues (Bamiyan province); Tomb of Hazrat-e Ali (Mazar-e Sharif, Balkh province); National Museum (Kabul city); Bal-e-Hisar (military fort in Kabul city).
- Certain vaccinations are needed. For more information, visit the CDC’s (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) Health Information for Travelers to Afghanistan.
- Basic medical care is available in the major Afghan cities, however it is very limited in rural areas.
- Road conditions are poor (rural streets are rarely paved and pot holes are common in urban areas).
- Ministry of Information & Culture – Afghan Tour Organization
- Afghanistan International Travel Information from the US Department of State
- Afghanistan Travel Information
(Lonely Planet World Guide)
OTHER INFO FOR TRAVELERS
- Health Conditions
- Languages spoken in Afghanistan
- Superstitions and popular myths in Afghanistan
- Weather in the major cities
Page last updated by
Abdullah Qazi on August 9, 2019